Used with a metered-dose inhaler (MDI) prescribed by a veterinarian for the following conditions:
1. Inflammatory Airway Disease
2. Recurrent Airway Obstruction
Links at manufacturer’s website:
Important: that when the veterinarian writes a prescription for a MDI, it should be an “EVOHALER” (as only this design will fit the AeroHippus).
An MDI should be made available only after a diagnostic workup with a veterinarian. A MDI may be available from a veterinarian, or a veterinarian may direct a client to purchase one from a pharmacy. A prescription is required.
Examples of Evohalers available in Singapore:
Flixotide 125 Evohaler delivers 125 mcg of fluticasone per dose (120 doses)
– Long term management, to avoid or reduce dose of systemic steroidal medication
Ventolin 100 Evohaler delivers 100 mcg salbutamol (albuterol) per dose (200 doses)
– Typically for rapid relief of more severe episodes, usually in conjunction with other therapeutics
Seretide 25/125 Evohaler delivers 25 mcg of salmeterol and 125 mcg of fluticasone per dose (120 doses); Variations of Seretide available
* Click on images for magnified view